University of Chicago Booth School of Business professor Luigi Zingales discusses the debate surrounding corporate profit maximization. He talks about a research paper he authored, which makes the point that profit maximization is important to shareholders, but it’s not the only thing they care about. Put simply: shareholder welfare is not equal to market value.
- THE RISE OF BANKING-AS-A-SERVICE: The most innovative banks are taking advantage of disruption by inventing a new revenue stream — here’s how incumbents can follow suit
- Visa’s fintech chief lays out how a new program to bring startups on board in just a few weeks will help tap a $185 trillion opportunity
- Dow rises 300 points as economic-reopening hope offsets historic job losses
- PayPal’s slowdown began to improve in April as stay-at-home orders tick up e-commerce usage
- The US Treasury reopens its 20-year bond to help fund $3 trillion in 2nd-quarter borrowing